Building Rules and Regulations
- Sidewalks, doorways, vestibules, halls, stairways and other similar areas shall not be obstructed by Tenant or used by any Tenant for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the leased premises and for going from one to another part of the Building.
- Plumbing, fixtures and appliances shall be used only for the purposes for which designed, and no sweepings, rubbish, rags or other unsuitable material shall be thrown or placed therein. Damage resulting to any such fixtures or appliances from misuse by a Tenant or such Tenant’s agents, employees or invitees, shall be paid by such Tenant, and Landlord shall not in any case be responsible therefor.
- No signs, advertisements or notices shall be painted or affixed on or to any windows, doors or other parts of such Building except those of such color, size, style and in such places as shall be first approved in writing by Landlord. No nails, hooks or screws shall be driven or inserted in any part of the Building except by the Building maintenance personnel nor shall any part of the Building be defaced by Tenants. No curtains or other window treatments shall be placed between the glass and the Building Standard window treatment.
- Landlord will provide and maintain an alphabetical directory board for all Tenants in the first floor (main lobby) of the Building and no other directory shall be permitted unless previously consented to by Landlord in writing.
- A number of keys to the locks on the doors in each Tenant’s leased premises shall be furnished by Landlord to each Tenant, at the cost of such Tenant, and the Tenant shall not have any duplicate keys made.
- All Tenants will refer all contractors, contractors’ representatives and installation technicians to Landlord for Landlord’s supervision, reasonable approval and control before the performance of any contractual services. This provision shall apply to all work performed in the Building including, but not limited to installations of telephones, telegraph equipment, electrical devices and attachments, doors, entranceways, and any and all installations of every nature affecting floors, walls, woodwork, trim windows, ceilings, equipment and any other physical portion of the Building.
- Movement in or out of the Building of furniture, office equipment, safes, heavy equipment, bulky material, merchandise or materials which require the use of elevators or stairways, or movements through the Building entrances or lobby shall be restricted to such hours as Landlord shall designate. All such movement shall be under the supervision of Landlord and shall proceed in a manner agreed upon between the Tenants and Landlord by prearrangement before performance so as to arrive at the optimum time, method and routing of such movement; subject, however, to Landlord’s decision and control, to prohibit any such article from being brought into the Building for safety or other concerns. The Tenants are to assume all risks as to the damage to articles moved and injury to persons or public engaged or not engaged in such movement, including equipment, property and personnel of Landlord if damaged or injured as a result of acts in connection with carrying out this service for a Tenant from the time of entering the Project to completion of work; and Landlord shall not be liable for acts of any person engaged in, or any damage or loss to any of said property or persons resulting from, any act in connection with such service performed for a Tenant.
- Landlord shall have the power to prescribe the weight and position of safes and other heavy equipment or items which shall in all cases, to distribute weight, stand on supporting devices approved by Landlord. All damages done to the Building by the installation or removal of any property of a Tenant or done by a Tenant’s property while in the Building, shall be repaired at the expense of such Tenant.
- Corridor doors, when not in use, shall be kept closed.
- Tenants shall not employ any person for the purpose of such cleaning other than the Building’s cleaning and maintenance personnel. Nothing shall be swept or thrown into the corridors, halls, elevator shafts or stairways.
- To ensure orderly operation of the Building, no ice, mineral or other water, towels, newspapers, etc. shall be delivered to any leased area except by persons appointed or reasonably approved by Landlord in writing.
- Should a Tenant require telegraphic, telephonic, annunciator or other communication service, Landlord will direct the electrician where and how wires are to be introduced and placed and none shall be introduced or placed except as Landlord shall direct. Electric current shall not be used for power or heating without Landlord’s prior written permission.
- Tenant shall not make or permit any improper, objectionable or unpleasant noises or odors in the Building or otherwise interfere in any way with other Tenants or persons having business with them.
- No birds or animals shall be brought into or kept in, on or about any Tenant’s leased premises other than currently licensed service animals.
- No flammable or explosive fluid or substance shall be used or kept in the Building.
- No portion of any Tenant’s leased premises shall at any time be used or occupied as sleeping or lodging quarters.
- Smoking of any kind (cigarette, pipe, marijuana, etc.) shall not be permitted in any areas of the Project, Premises, or the Building (including but not limited to the parking garage, stairwells, elevator lobbies, elevators, public corridors and restrooms), or within any other area not specifically designated as a smoking area by Landlord. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the smoking and use of marijuana is prohibited at all times and in all areas of the Project, Premises and Building (including but not limited to the parking garage, stairwells, elevator lobbies, elevators, public corridors and restrooms). Repeated violations of this rule shall, at Landlord’s discretion, constitute a default under this Lease.
- Landlord reserves the right to rescind any of the rules and regulations and to make such other and further rules and regulations as in its judgment shall from time to time be needful for the safety, protection, care and cleanliness of the Building, the operation thereof, the preservation of good order therein and the protection and comfort of the Tenants and their agents, employees, licensees and invitees, which rules and regulations, when made and written notice thereof is given to a Tenant, shall be binding upon it in like manner as if originally herein prescribed, provided that no modification of the rules and regulations shall be made that materially impair a tenant’s rights under its lease or its use and enjoyment of the leased premises.